Very Active Day!!

Last weekend we sold our stroller to get a jogging stroller, we live where there is only dirt roads so I need the jogging stroller! {which I dont have yet *sad*} Yesterday I wanted to go for a nice long walk. But then I remembered that I had no stroller, and Sweet Baby takes forever to walk with. So out came the Ergo Baby Carrier!!! I love this carrier, you can use it until your child is 6. There is NO weight place on your back (which is why I bought it - back pain is still so so).

Well we went on our walk! Sweet Baby loved it, I told her we were going on a long Piggie Back ride. She was singing "Walk, walk, we are walking" "Walk, 2, 3, 4". We made it to 2.7km. Then we, or should I say Sweet Baby had a mini fit, so let's say, Sweet Baby came out of the carrier and decided to take her time walking. We still have 1.5kms till we would be home. At Sweet Baby's pace that would take, oh.... 4 hours! My friend drove by about 10 minutes later, and asked if we wanted a ride! I WAS SAVED!! Sweet Baby went for a nap, I made cookies, did some gardening, made a super awesome Citrus Chicken, {which I will post below - I got this recipe from Exercise and Beyond}.

Then we all went for another 1km walk together as a family, even the dogs came along!! All in all I walked 3.7km yesterday. We had a very active and full filling day! What's in store for today, we'll have to see!!

Citris Chicken

This spicy sauce works equally well with fish or pork.Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
1 tablespoon olive oilCooking spray
6 cups bagged prewashed baby spinach

Preparation

Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pour 1/4 cup juice mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag. Seal; let stand 5 minutes. Add oil to remaining juice mixture; stir well with a whisk.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 1/2 cups spinach on each of 4 plates. Divide chicken evenly among servings; top each serving with 1 tablespoon juice mixture.

Nutritional Information:
Calories: 183 (24% from fat)
Fat: 4.9g (sat 0.9g,mono 2.8g,poly 0.7g)
Protein: 27.4g
Carbohydrate: 7.1gFiber: 2.1g
Cholesterol: 66mg
Iron: 2.3mg
Sodium: 278mg
Calcium: 50mg

Source: Cooking Light